Shelley Ena, Coordinator
Umatilla County Commission on Children and Families
216 SE 4th Street
PO Box 1125
Pendleton, OR 97801
Umatilla County Courthouse
216 SE Fourth Street
Pendleton, Or 97801
The Courthouse is open 8 am. to 5 pm. Mon. through Fri.
The Commission member is appointed by the Umatilla County Board of
Commissioners. The Umatilla County Commission on Children and families
acts in an advisory capacity to the Board of Commissioners.
1. Assist the State commission on
Children and Families in the development and implementation of
performance and outcome criteria for social service programs at the
2. Participate in the assessment of county needs regarding program services for children and families in Umatilla County.
3. Participate in the development and implementation of the Comprehensive Plan as outlined by SB 555 in Umatilla County.
4. Allocate funding, monitor, and evaluate programming for children and families in Umatilla County as outlined in the Comprehensive Plan.
5. Participate in speaking engagements related to Commission business and activities.
6. Attend regular and special meetings of the Commission and as required subcommittee meetings of the Commission. Members are expected to actively participate in Commission meetings and notify staff if unable to attend. Attendance policy is outlined in the Commission By-laws.
1. County resident
2. Knowledge of child development, social services, and education services for children 0-10 helpful.
3. Ability and commitment to participate as a volunteer 12-15 hours/month.
4. Professional membership In the last five years, applicant has primarily provided direct service to children and families. I.E.
b. child care
c. juvenile justice programs
d. child protection agencies
e. state and/or county social service agencies
f. child and family counseling and/or treatment programs
5. Term of Service: 4 years.
For and application to become a commission member click here.