Umatilla County has received $1.18 Million in CARES Act Funding from the State of Oregon to distribute to small businesses being affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. A county-wide grant program is being administered by Umatilla County Economic Development.
Only one application may be made per business.
Minimum eligibility requirements:
- The business is headquartered and operating in Umatilla County.
- If required by Oregon law to be registered with the Oregon Secretary of State to do business in Oregon, the business is so registered.
- The business is either for-profit or an entity tax-exempt under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- The business was adversely affected in either one of the following two ways:
- The business was prohibited from operating as directed by Executive Order 20-65 or 20-12.
- The business can demonstrate a one-month decline in sales of 25% or more, incurred by the COVID-19 pandemic, between March 1, 2020 and November 30, 2020, as compared against the same period of time in 2019.
- Employ 50 or fewer Full Time equivalent (FTE) employees.
The following businesses are ineligible to apply for or receive funding under the program:
- Passive real estate holding company or other entity holding a passive investment in a small business but with no operational ties to that business.
- Non-profit entities that do not have Federal 501(c)3 status.
- Businesses that experience a decline in revenues for reasons other than those caused by the COVID-19 pandemic (e.g. seasonal or cyclical business cycles).
- Businesses that are delinquent on Federal, State or local taxes that were due on or before the date of application.
- Businesses that do not comply with all Federal, State and local laws and regulations. (Marijuana-related businesses are not eligible due to Federal status).
- Businesses that have closed and do not intend to reopen.
- Businesses that are an adult-oriented business or derive a majority of income from gambling activities.
Items to Note:
- Umatilla County will prioritize the hospitality industry, businesses impacted by the Freeze and small businesses.
- Grant award amounts will vary depending upon type of business and economic impact.
- Umatilla County encourages applications from Veteran, Women, Black, Indigenous, People of Color, and Tribal-owned businesses.
- A grant review committee will work to ensure equitable distribution across Umatilla County (based on population).
- Application available December 3rd
- Application closes December 15th
- Application can be found on Umatilla County’s website: www.umatillacounty.net/grants
- Click on the COVID-19 Assistance Grant button on the website’s home page
- Complete the application
- Click on the Submit button when the application is completed If you do not have computer access, you may also pick up a paper application at each community’s City Hall and return the completed application to that City Hall by the Dec. 15th deadline.
- All grant applicants will be notified via email of their award status.
- Grant checks will be sent via USPS mail as soon as possible.
- Application deadline is December 15, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
Any questions can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org