1st Round of funding has been dispersed. We are no longer taking applications. Thank you for your interest. If more funding becomes available, we may choose to re-open the application process.
Umatilla County recognizes the importance of social distancing measures in protecting the health of individuals and communities and slowing the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. While these social distancing measures are saving lives, they also come at great cost to Umatilla County’s small businesses and their employees.
The Small Business Emergency Grant was established by the Umatilla County Grant Committee for the purpose of providing one-time, short-term financial support to small businesses and sole proprietors impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The funds are to serve during the gap between when Federal and State funds are expected to become available and dispersed to small businesses in late April and May. The county-wide program is being administered by Gail Nelson, Umatilla County Economic Development Coordinator.
To be eligible, the applicant must operate within Umatilla County, be able to demonstrate financial impact/damage due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and show documentation of applying for other financial assistance from at least one other source.
- $1000.00 Grants
- Dispersed throughout the County proportionately
- Application available April 7th
- Application closes April 21st
- Applications selected through lottery drawing
- Checks processed and distributed as quickly as possible
- Must be a business located within Umatilla County that is directly affected by the coronavirus and the Governor’s Executive Order 20-12 to close their business.
- Employ 25 or fewer employees
- Sole proprietors are eligible
- Must submit a W9 with application in order for check to be processed
- Only one (1) application per business entity
- Show documentation that the business or sole proprietor has applied for financial assistance from other sources such as:
- Small Business Administration Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) or
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loans or
- Unemployment Insurance (UI) from the State of Oregon
- or other financial assistance
Non-profit organizations are not eligible.
Umatilla County will accept donations to this Emergency Grant fund from any City, Organization or Individual Philanthropist that would like to donate.